Ethical & Environmental Policies
Ethical and Environmental Policies
Plamil Foods Ltd is a private registered UK company with a single office, warehouse and manufacturing site in the UK. Plamil is a socially responsible business committed to commercial success whilst upholding the highest standards with regards to ethics, nutrition, and the environment. These commitments are specifically related to the following:
1. Ethical Aims and Objectives: These are set out in the company's Articles and Memorandum: "To promote and carry on the business of producing vegan foods". In addition to the Articles and Memorandum, the company aims to undertake related activities and services in the following manner:
a. We work to promote the welfare of humans, animals and the environment, striving to ensure a fair society with compassion for living creatures and a reduction of the environmental impact on the planet of our activities.
2. Financial Associations: Plamil is committed to using banking services that that are more clearly working towards the company's ethos than competitors. The company uses the banking services of The Co-operative Bank, a member of The Co-operative Group. Plamil does not make use of tax havens or tax avoidance mechanisms. Plamil does not provide funding for any political parties, corporate lobby groups or other organisations engaged in political activities.
3. Child and Forced Labour: Plamil has a commitment to never knowingly use or source ingredients or products that result from child labour (such as defined by UNICEF) or from forced or exploitative adult labour. While Plamil gathers as much information as possible from suppliers regarding their labour policies, we are reliant on the information provided by third parties on this issue.
4. Employment: Plamil adheres to, and is governed by, all UK employment legislation regarding pay, conditions and anti-discrimination law. Plamil also adheres to the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code. Employees have a right to freedom of association, union membership and collective bargaining to the extent permitted by law. Employees receive additional development and training commensurate to, and often above, the requirements of their job function. The policies and practises of the company protect these rights. Employees are expected to uphold the company's ethics in their internal and external activities and interactions.
5. Involvement in Third Party Organisations:
a. Plamil supports and works with other organisations that we feel are in-keeping with our general aims and objectives. However, the use and support of these does not indicate, by participation, support of agreement with all statements made by such organisations.
6. Customer Care: Plamil strives to provide customers with the highest quality customer service. The company is able to provide assurance to its customers of the quality of its products through the systems in place and through the nutritional information which is available, for example on our website. Plamil operates an 'open idea' survey in which customers can email suggestions and comments to the company, which the company reflect upon for future activities and products.
7. Product Quality: Plamil is committed to provide products that meet our customer requirements for a high quality, dairy-free (vegan), organic range of foods. Plamil strives to establish our customers' needs and expectations and communicate these to our working team to ensure we consistently meet our customers' requirements. This policy is communicated and understood by our staff at all levels, and is subject to annual review in order to keep it relevant, accurate and appropriate.
8. Supply Chain Policy: Plamil has a commitment to develop good and long-term working relationships with its suppliers. We are committed to the ethos that we will treat suppliers as we would wish to be treated ourselves. We operate purchasing controls and audit our suppliers through appropriate communication and assessment of written information provided by these. Such information is a key element in assessing the claims that we can make regarding our ingredients and products. Major ingredients, such as cocoa, are carefully chosen for high production standards, for example Fairtrade, Rainbow Alliance certified or UTZ certified.
9. Marketing: Plamil has a commitment to responsible marketing strategies, that is, marketing which does not make misleading health claims and do not market any products directly to children. Our marketing is in-keeping with guidelines from Ofcom and related regulatory bodies. It is important to Plamil to give consistent information across all platforms of marketing used, including all forms of verbal and written communication. Plamil has a Home Authority agreement with Trading Standards and complies with UK Food Standards Agency Labelling regulations and other appropriate UK/EU legislation.
10. Ensuring allergy and 'free from' claims: Plamil operates and allergy management system at its own manufacturing sites a site where no dairy, gluten or nut ingredients are used. Accredited laboratories are used to test products as part of the assessment factor for the claims that we make.
11. Health and Safety: Plamil is governed to all UK health and safety regulations and legislation. Systems used by the company to adhere to legislation are assessed and developed with an external consultant. Employees receive frequent and recorded training with regards to these regulations.
12. Environmental and Ecological Impacts: Plamil has an Environmental Policy which outlines its main environmental impacts and what steps the company take to reduce these, covering issues including waste, energy, palm oil, packaging and transport & distribution. Plamil is committed to maintaining a low environmental impact in its activities. Please refer to this document for more information.
13. Animal Testing: Plamil Foods is against animal testing, defined as the use of, and experimentation on, non-human animals in research and development of products. Plamil Foods does not test on animals, and does not use ingredients or other resources which have been tested on animals.
14. Genetically Modified [GM] Ingredients and use of Nanotechnology: While these technologies do not necessarily conflict with the aims and objectives as outlined in section 1, Plamil does not consider these to be compatible with a general ethos of wholesome ('wholefoods') food production. Therefore, Plamil is against the use of GM ingredients (as defined by the human manipulation of genetic material in organisms) and use of nanotechnology (defined as the design and application of structures, devices and systems on a nanoscale) in its products and those of its associated third parties.
15. Commitment to Maintaining Standards: Plamil has a commitment to maintain the standards outlined above through continuous monitoring and periodic auditing processes, both internal and, where appropriate, by external bodies and consultants.
16. Claims and statements: The claims made in this document, and on other available sources of information such as the company website, are, to the best of our knowledge, correct at the time of publishing.
Plamil Foods Environmental Policy
We are mindful of our obligations to the environment and to the impact that our business may have upon it. We act to monitor, manage and continually improve our environmental performance as well as maintaining a commitment to produce only Vegan products; such products have a low environmental impact. We observe all relevant rules, regulations and other environmental requirements to which our operations are liable. We aim to provide a safe, friendly and welcoming environment at our site for all employees and visitors as well as maintaining aesthetic standards of the site for neighbours and keeping noise pollution at this site to a minimum.
This policy is applicable to Plamil Foods' only operations at its site in Folkestone, Kent.
1.2 Main Activities and Products
Plamil Foods Ltd is a manufacturer of Vegan, free from foodstuffs, which are produced, packaged, processed and distributed from its site in Folkestone, Kent. All management, financial and administrative activities also take place at this site.
1.3 Main Impacts
a. Waste: Areas of possible waste creation include energy, unused ingredients or stock, packaging and paper (office use).
1.4 Main Actions
a. Waste: Plamil aims to continuously improve waste management by reducing waste production, recycling or reusing as appropriate and disposing of waste in an environmentally safe manner. We take all necessary measures to prevent pollution.
1.5 Assessment and Review
Any arising environmental issue will be considered and responsive action taken where needed. Appropriate emergency procedures are also in place.
Continuing assessment is made together with an annual review of this policy in order to assess the impact on the environment of our current operating practises and to make appropriate targets for the future.